Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Natascha's 5 Tips to a Personal Brand
Professional Development Tips
Personal branding means you differentiate yourself from the mass of humanity. Branding can impact everyone regardless of age, race, gender or occupation. According to a Forbes Magazine article by Carol Goman, Author of The Silent Language of Leaders, we only have 7 seconds to make a first impression. Thus, the first 7 seconds are crucial because your personal brand is your ticket to opportunities.
To help get you cruising down the path of opportunity, here are Natascha’s 5 Tips (areas) to creating a crisp personal brand:
1. Materials (Business Card, Resume/Cover Letters, Thank you notes, Stationary, Brief Case),
2. Image (Clothes/Shoes, Scent, Hair, Smile/Teeth, Hands/Nails),
3. Communication (Grammar, Verbal-30 second pitch, Attitude, Eye Contact, Posture, Hand Shake),
4. Reputation (What stands out about you? Ask friends/family/Co-workers),
5. Online (Where is your online presence? Social Media, Website, LinkedIn, Google, and Portfolio. No online presence? Make one!)
According to common wisdom “Perception is Reality”, so use these tips to check the effectiveness of your personal brand. Review and improve each of these five categories, and if you discover that your brand needs assistance, then reach out to the Career Coach for the tools to get you started.
Natascha F. Saunders, MBA, MS
CEO, The Youth Career Coach Inc